Click HERE to watch the video.
- Do you have a story of a time that you felt ashamed or saddened because you ruined something, or accidentally threw it away?
- How do you most relate to the son in today’s story?
- Are you impulsive, getting excited about something new and just doing it without really thinking through it?
- Are you hurtful (intentionally or unintentionally), saying things that devalue others?
- Are you selfish, doing mostly what feels good and right to you without really thinking about others?
- Have you ever had an “eating with the pigs” moment? Others might call it rock bottom, but it’s a time when you can’t imagine life getting much harder.
- Spend some time reflecting on how radically forgiving the father in this story is? Have you ever seen someone respond so radically graciously to a poor decision or mistake you made?
- Consider carefully how welcoming you are…
- What kinds of people are you not welcoming toward?
- How can you grow yourself so that you are more welcoming?