We will hopefully be filling the classrooms with our COGS Kids this weekend, wearing their brightly colored tie-dyed t-shirts. Proud to be COGS Kids, proud due to the fact, that they have all of you teaching them and showing up for them every Sunday. Proud that they know they are growing in their faith each and every Sunday and hopefully at home throughout the week too!
We want to keep EVERYONE safe, so please be sure you and your class are following the procedures/protocols that are put in place.
- Masks will be worn over nose/mouth at all times
- Please have them use hand sanitizer as they enter the room
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged (although I know difficult with the little ones—please just try our best)
- No snack (we don’t want masks off)
- At pick up, one parent will enter the education wing (Please take their sticker and the child’s and stick them together. We will then check them out for you on the computer outside of the nursery.)
- We will not have an attended nursery. Only ages 3-5th grade will have Sunday School. Nursery room will be available for parents to take their child in, while staying with them. (We will be streaming the service into the nursery)
If you feel uncomfortable at all with returning or you start with symptoms, please don’t feel obligated to show up. We will figure it out—and it will all be okay.
We have the same equipment that the school districts have (a special cleaning gun) that I will use on all high touch areas as well as tables and chairs. And then will do another deep clean on Sunday after Sunday School.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. 🙂
Sunday School procedures
I am so excited to see many of you back in person on Sunday and we will follow all of the same safety precautions we did in October.
If your kiddos have their COGS Kids t-shirts—please have them wear it! To our KidMin Team—please wear your shirts too if you are serving this weekend! If you didn’t order one, I do have several extra that I will have out. It will be first come, first serve on what t-shirts we have left.
- You will check in with your kiddos in the front of the sanctuary. Please use the first set of doors to enter the Sanctuary (Using the front doors will be easiest to not be crossing traffic with those coming into the Worship Center)
- Upon check in, 4-5th graders can head back to LBH on their own and the kiddos going to the Education Wing (K-3rd grade) can go to their classrooms on their own. If you feel your Pre-K and 3-year old need walked to their room, please have only one parent walk them to the room. Ryan will be at the double doors to help direct the kiddos too!
- During class, children will be trying their best to be socially distanced, wearing masks and of course will still be having fun and learning!
- We are asking that only one parent go into the Education Wing to pick up at the end of the Worship Service. Our hallways are small and it just helps with the congestion
- We will also be doing a deep clean on Saturday am (tomorrow) before the kids even come into the church so that it’s ready for them. Cornwall Children Center has been closed all week due to some cases so we will be sure everything is sanitized and ready for our COGS Kids. We also had Allwein’s in this week and they cleaned all of the carpets!