This Sunday begins our Advent Season. Advent; a time to prepare. “The beauty of celebrating the coming of Christmas in the weeks preceding it rather than just celebrating Christmas itself from Thanksgiving onward is that it creates this sense of anticipation and wonder regarding Christ’s birth. Your daily Advent activities emphasize that something amazing is about to happen. It’s a time for patience. It’s a time for waiting. It sets you up to appreciate the meaning of Christmas on a deeper level.”
How can you “celebrate” Advent?
- Participate in our Reverse Advent Calendar each day
- Swing by church on Sunday and pick up an Advent Devotional for your family to do. (see the email Abbie sent)
- Join Abbie’s Advent Adult Book Group on Monday nights at 7:30pm via Zoom (read 3 short chapters a week and discuss)
- Light your Advent Wreath each week (if you have one from past years)
- Set up a nativity and keep Jesus until Christmas morning!
There are several Christmas “shows” for children on Right Now Media and even series for adults. As a member/regular attendee of COGS, you get free access to Right Now Media. Click here to access your account (you will just have to make a username/password) Right Now Media is a Christian Netflix! 🙂